Equity Research Analyst, Diversified Industries - Any location
PI Financial Corp. is a leading independent Canadian based Investment Dealer providing a full range of investment products and services for individuals, corporations, and institutional investors with offices in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, and Toronto. PI’s Capital Markets division is one of Canada’s leading investment banks for small to mid-sized companies and offers a full range of research, investment banking, advisory, and institutional sales and trading services. Our focus is in the mining, cannabis, and technology sectors.
We are seeking an Equity Research Analyst to join our high performing Capital Markets team. The successful candidate will bring strong relationship management, technical and analytical skills to complement our growing and diverse team.
What we offer:
- PI Financial Corp. is independently owned and operated and we pride ourselves in allowing individuals to grow and develop their career while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Individuals are encouraged to work from home if that allows them to best manage their careers and family responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain strong personal relationships with institutional clients, corporate CEOs and CFOs and colleagues in sales and trading, based on your sector expertise and strong analytical skills.
- Communicate your views on the prospects of a given sector and specific companies within that sector to these constituents.
- Act as an intermediary between institutional investors and corporate CEO/CFO’s to help foster strong relationships between these two constituents.
- Work closely with your colleagues in sales and trading to help communicate investment ideas to institutional investors and also provide feedback from these constituents to your corporate relationships.
- Write research reports on general industry topics or ones that impact a specific company – and communicate these findings to your institutional investor clients through consistent personal contact (phone, video, e-mail, face-to-face).
- Conduct proprietary research both on individual companies within our coverage universe as well as on the broader industrials sector
- Closely monitoring news and trends in the industry
- Collecting and analyzing economic and industry data, including statistical analysis
- Writing research reports, creating and maintaining financial models, conducting channel-checks and surveys, and performing due diligence with key experts and the trade
- Significant and regular interactions with company management teams, internal corporate constituencies (e.g., sales and trading desk), and buy side clients
- Ability to develop and maintain strong personal relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Superior communications skills in both written and oral form.
- The ability to analyze a broad range of quantitative and qualitative data and communicate its implications on both an industry and specific companies within that industry.
- A general interest in investing, finance and economics would be an asset.
- Prior public equity investing experience with a proven track record and deep expertise in an industry sector
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, mathematics, or other technical discipline.
- A liberal arts degree complemented with an MBA or Masters in Finance.
- Enrollment in or completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.. All applications will be held in strict confidence. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.